Monday, February 12, 2018

With the death of the Guild...other fora are springing up in their place...

With the unfortunate demise of the Guild, as detailed in my blog entry on "500 Miles...", there has been a lot of forums rising to take their place. One of them is the "Armchair Generals" FB Group on the blog, which, while limiting membership to former Guild members, is attempting to carry on the spirit of the Guild on Facebook. This a welcome development, and I think promises to be an excellent idea.

Another place is the Wargamer's Forum, which is attempting to carry on the spirit of the Guild, and is taking new members. Traffic is currently light, but I think as word gets around...traffic will pick up. That said, I look forward to the discussion to come.

Finally, established today, is a forum run by Ironfist Publishing itself for Battlegroup. We'll be seeing Piers, Woz, and the gang on the website from time to time I am sure, and the site is in the early stages, so I cannot wait to see where it goes as well.

So, while the Guild is gone, there has been some efforts to seal the breech, and I for one plan to support these efforts.







No comments:

Post a Comment